Friday, August 12, 2011

BEACH DAY






We were spoiled this last Wednesday...Mike was given the day off and we had nothing to do!!! That is very uncommon around here, differently when he has a day off, it is always for some reason. We packed up the kiddos and headed to Seaside for the day.

It was a beautiful day, and we had a blast. Seaside is a beach where you can have so much fun for very little money, bonus!!!We played at the beach a couple different times. The kids do not have a fear of the ocean...Good and Bad thing. They both are very good at asking for a hand. We kind of built sand castles, until Lilah knocked them down, she loves to demolish things. I don't know if it will happen this summer, but I really want to go back and stay the night. Really soak up the beach and the family time.

Evan got to ride his first bumper cars and was laughing the whole time. We went and fed the Sea Lions and Evan held a snail and baby crab!!! They both have no fear with animals and sea creatures. I love how kids don't have the same hesitations that we as adults do. I have notice that as the kids get older some of my fears have gone away so that they will do it and not be afraid because I am. They have helped me more than I have helped them in some ways!!!

We ended our day on a bench with a ice cream cone. The day went by so fast, which was so sad....I wanted to keep playing and not stop. The kids were such troopers. We barely used the stroller. The kids did awesome walking around and walking on the sand down to the water and back. It is so nice that we can do that and not have to have a stroller and also not carry them, but sad that they are growing up so much that we don't really need it anymore.

I really enjoyed our time together and have truly realized that we need to do it more often. It was such a blessing for us to get up and get out of town for the day. We are defiantly making it a priority to just explore more.

No comments: