Thursday, September 22, 2011

Grandma!!!

My grandma has been teaching me to sew..I do really enjoy it and have always really wanted to learn. My grandma Lee did a little bit here and there and would teach me a few things when I was younger, but I don't really remember much about it and never really dug deep into it. So when my grandma Juanita asked to teach me I was really excited!!!

We started off with a dress for Lilah and it turned out really well, now my grandma did do most of the work, but taught me a lot of basic things, that you don't always think about with sewing and money saving tips, which of course is right up my ally!!!

Then one day I went up to the house to clean it, my weekly job and there was the coolest thing...a SEWING MACHINE and a big tote all organized with all sorts of goodies...Yes, my grandma is an organizational freak like me :) That day I got my plans in motion for my sewing room. Saturday morning came around and it was time to get the plan into motion. We got a HUGE computer desk out of downstairs and have plenty of room now for me to set up "shop." My intention was to stay down there till it was done. but that did not happen. At least we got the desk out of there.

I have still yet to go down there an competley finish that room and get it all set up...It is just this time of year that I barely have time to sit down and breathe most days, but that is fine. I know what I am doing besides sitting down is WAY worth it...I just need to make the time to get down there and finish it so I can grab that sewing machine out and put all my ideas to work.

I am so, so thankful that my grandma has the heart to teach me and to get me a sewing machine and I promise I will not let her down, the sewing machine down or myself!!! It is just another awesome ways to save money and to be frugal.


I seriously have been sitting down writing this post since the 22nd of Sept...I just can not get it done!!! until now!!! YAY ME!!! Hopefully I will get a few more under my belt today and this week.

No comments: