Monday, June 4, 2012

Lialh and the Potty!!!

YAY!!!  We are beginning our journey to having 2 kids and NO DIAPERS!!!  YAY!!  I am super excited about this, but that also means I do not have babies in the house.

As most of you know Evan was a super easy potty trainer. I really wouldn't even say he had to be trained. He was ready at a young age and it was fast. AMEN!!!

Now my little Lilah is much different then her brother. Although she has exceeded my expectations many times. Spontaneously decided to put her in a big girl bed and she rocked it!! She was awesome at it. Going from 2 naps to one, can you say easy peasy? So when she decided one morning last week that she no longer wanted a diaper I laughed. I figured we could do it for a little bit and then get dressed and put one back on. OH NO!! She did so great. Going poop and pee multiple times all morning.

That afternoon we were going to be gone and there was nap time, so we went back to the diaper. We have been so super busy that I was scared to do it and scared I was giving her mixed signals doing either half day with diaper and the other half with one. I struggled with it a lot this last week. I just prayed that God would give me the signs or patients to do it. If now was the right time for her to be doing this. I was going to do it in a couple weeks. School will be out, no more Bible Study, no more doctors appts, just a week with no real obligations. Obviously I got thrown for a loop, which God has been doing a lot to be lately when it comes to me and my calendar. It will be a slow process, but I am trying to listen and just give my day to what I am needed to do by Him.
Now back to Lilah, sorry for the side notes :) Friday came and we did not do a diaper for most of the day, Saturday morning- no diaper, Saturday after nap-diaper ( we had a BBQ with friends), Saturday evening time no diaper, Sunday all day-NO DIAPER and now we are Monday around noon and still no diaper. We did have an accident last night and she did awesome coming and getting us and going back to bed, and a little one today but we ran to the potty. So who knows how it will go. I am just kind of following her, pushing her a little bit, but really just trying to do what she wants to do. Now we do have errands to run this afternoon and I am a little nervous about that one, but we will have to be going and doing things eventually with her not being in a diaper. We did do stuff yesterday and Saturday with no diaper,



Evan has been a great big helper!!!  He cheers for her and runs her to the potty when they are playing, although I think it has something to do with being able to get the skittle as well!!  I am hoping that we are done with diaper, but we will just see where she takes us.

No comments: