Wednesday, June 13, 2012
A NO DIAPER FAMILY!!!
It is official... We are a diaper free home!!! YAY!!! Well to be honest we do use pull ups at night for Lilah, but she is starting to wake up dry, so I am hoping we can phase those out in the next few months. She has been doing really well and we are so proud of her. She has not had a diaper for almost 2 weeks now!!!
I know some people think if they are wearing pull ups at night they are not potty trained. I will admit, I am kind of torn. We never needed them with Evan, so it is hard for me to have Lilah in them. We still limit her drinks at night and if she wakes up to go potty then we take her. We don't call them diaper, we call them night time underwear and her day times are panties. I know this is silly, but it makes me feel better by calling them different names. She has maybe woke up 2 times in her life dry, but she has done it now 2 more times since she has been potty trained. We have some trips coming up and I figured unless she is fighting us with wearing it then I will just wait until those are over to get her hopefully staying dry all night. I know her body just isn't all the way there and it took me a few nights to be ok with buying pull ups. So for me I say that she is potty trained during the day and we are working on the night time, heck 1 pull up a day is still cheaper than 5 diapers a day ;)
I can not believe how much she has grown up in the last few weeks. She seems so much more like a kid now than a baby. She did it fairly similar to her brother, with wanting to do it on her own, but was a little slower at it than he was, but that could of been my fault as well not canceling the week when she wanted to wear panties, but I didn't want to leave her with other people the first or second day, but we made it through. Still a little nervous going places, but she is doing wonderful with our little adventures.
Of course she has had an encourager along the way, although I truly think he has the motivation for the candy as well ;) All in all he has been such a great helper. I am proud of both of them. I am also proud of myself for surrendering the 2nd night of no diaper and buying pull ups. I know her body is just not ready for night time yet, but she is getting close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment