We camped last year and it rained. It was somewhat a nightmare for a day and a half, well the thought of it was, but the kids did great. We all got a little tired of sitting in the tent, but we all managed and it worked out great. This time we took the motor home. I loved it. It was nice to cook and clean. The kids napped really well and slept wonderful at night, thanks to my parents giving up the bedroom for the kiddos to have the room so we could play games, talk and read books together!!!
It did rain the for the first day we were camping, but who cares, we had the RV!!! SPOILED!!! Other than that we had pretty nice weather. We had a great time. The guys got to go out on their quads and we played with the kids and got stuff ready for the next meal or bed time!!
Lilah got a little rash, so we made upour own bathtub for her!!! The kids got a kick out of it. I had helpers!!
We went down to the big park a few times, but right by our camp site we had a big sand box that the kids had so much fun in!!!
I always stare at this picture of Mike and Evan. Their hands are in their pockets, leading with the same leg and both knees are bent. I can just think this is the BEST picture. I can't wait to get it up on the wall at home, so I can look at it even more.
Evan in his working gear. Helmet, gloves, tie downs, and maybe some chairs in there. Who knows, what he was working on!!!
Took the kids and the dogs down to the lake. The dogs got to run wild. They slept so good!! We met a nice man named Robert, who was awesome with the kids.
Say CHEESE!!!! We had to chase down Evan for this photo.
Robert caught a fish and let Evan reel it in.
Evan and the fish that he helped catch!!
I took the quad out this time!!! Yay me!!! Yes I got stuck,but hey...I went out on the sand. I have not done this in years by myself. I usually stay back at camp with the kids, it was nice to go out for a little bit a ride with Mike.
We drove from Florence to Newport and went to the aquarium. We have taken Evan there when he was about Lilahs age. They had a blast.
Walking around Newport, so of course we need ice cream!!!
Evan enjoyed his a little too much!!! After eating, walking and the aquarium we drove to Lincoln City, for what else but the OUTLET MALLS!!! We made a quick trip shopping around and then we found a pretty cool camp ground for the night
Devil's Lake. It just rained and rained, but that did not stop us from being outside for a few hrs before we headed home. Evan and Lilah doing their laps making sure they hit all the puddles.
Lilah on the quad by herself!!! She loved the puddles.
Evan found a new pathway to take. He was having a blast.
We had so much fun camping. I am so happy and beyond blessed that we get to make these memories with the kids. I love getting to do all the fun camping things with them and the adventures it brings. The nature hikes, the dirt, sand and mud!!! I loved it being so relaxing. I made it through a book and started another one, which I have not been able to do for a very long time. I even sat down while the kids naps, most of the time. I can not wait to do another camping trip, which I know will be soon!!!
1 comment:
I want to go camping with you! But can we take the RV? ;)
Looks like fun, and I'm so happy that you got to do some relaxing, reading, and "quad-ing" by yourself. :) Good for you!
Post a Comment