Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Best friends




My brother and I are about 18 months apart in age, myself being the oldest. We were the best of friends and the best of enemies all in the same day. I LOVED that!!! Sounds weird I know, but my brother and I were always play mates, there for each other and always able to fight with each other. When Mike and I started to have a family I knew I wanted our kids close together so they would have what Casey and I had growing up. Well I got that and much more!!!

Yes I am bias since they are my kids, but I am writing this :)
Evan is truly the best big brother I could ever dream of. Yes, he has his moments, as well all do, that he does not want Lilah around or gets mad at her and yells at her, but for the most part he has some right in doing so. He is still learning how to show her and tell her in the right way. Most days at some point or another I am left out of being the play mat...HELLO!!! I am a stay at home mom for a reason, to PLAY with the kids!!! Not mine. They LOVE playing with each other. They will play from room to room with doors open or shut for at least 30 mins a day, sometimes for a few hrs. They will come out to me from time to time for a snack or something to drink, but for the most part they are playing together. Although there are downsides to them playing together; I get super bored, I want to play with them and when the household chores are done, Bible Study done, what else can I do. My days are for the kids. Also there can be a mess, not usually a bad one and they are both do pretty well at cleaning it up (except the toy room, of course). I know how can I get bored with the 2 kids, but I do. I just love to play with them.

Evan has truly been a wonderful teacher to Lilah. She listens to him so well and respects him so much. They are true best friends. I can not believe how blessed I/we are to have them and to have them be best friends. I hope that this is just a wonderful foundation for the rest of their lives. That they will continue to grow their relationship for the rest of their lives. I am just so blessed to have them both. To have each one of their personalities and full of live spirits. I am so excited to see them grow !!!!

No comments: