



Ok...So I know that I mainly blog about the kids and things we do with them or things they say...But this one is about my dad!!! ( which is kind of about the kids)
I have been taking the kids over to mow the lawn at the old house during the day...It is a little bit of a challenge, but the kids do wonderful. Just pack some special snacks and a yummy lunch!!! This is something that I do for Mike. He works so hard that this is just something that the kids and I can do to make it a little easier on him!!! My dad found out and then started to watch the kids while I went to do it and then just started doing it for us in general. The little things like this, something that is easy for my dad, is a Huge favor for us. It means Mike can come home straight after work, I can have that extra time with the kids, and we don't have to worry about fitting it into our already crammed weekend.
We went camping this last weekend and it was a blast. I will do a few post about that today or tomorrow. So not only did my dad watch the kids for me so much last week with the kids, since I was trying to get work in and get everything ready for camping, he took our tent and set it up and got the kids' bed ready for them. All Mike and I had to do was put a couple things in there and we were set for bed time!!! We loaded his truck with a bunch of stuff, one being our dirty clothes tote, he brought them to me today washed and folded, saying it is one less thing that I would have to do!!!
He is so wonderful. He watches the kids for me when I need it and even when I don't. He just calls and says "What day?"It is just so funny. Then there is the kids' face. Lilah just followed her Grampie around the campsite just gabbing to him. Then there is Evan who is Grampies little helper. I love that they have this relationship!!
It is just so thoughtful and nice that he does these things for us. I am so glad that the kids are close to him and that I know he doesn't mind watching them for me/us.
1 comment:
This is so wonderful to read, and your dad IS awesome. :) Tell him that he makes an impression on everyone who hears about his kind, compassionate gestures to you & your family. :)
Post a Comment