Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Evan is in preschool!!

Well we have finally gotten to the stage where Evan has started preschool. We went a few days before to meet his teacher and that was so much fun. it was harder for me to meet the teacher than I thought it would be.

Then came his first day of school. I was ok going into the school, but walking away from him it was so sad. I tried not to cry, but a few little tears came out. He loves going to school and I am so happy for him. He came home and wanted to do homework. He walked around with a workbook everywhere. He was always wanting to do homework. He kept saying " Homework is awesome." I was so proud of him. He was doing so good and having so much fun!!

I got to go on the second day to be the parent helper. It was so nice to go in and see what goes on in the class when they are there. He is such a good little student. He listens so well. He is differently the quiet kid who just does what he is told and listens really well. I love that he is so good, but it does make me nervous that he is just in the background. Evan is such an observer.

One of the things that I dreamed about with the kids going to school was able to walk one or both of them to school. That happened this week. I got to walk Evan down to school and then Lilah and I walked back home. I was so thrilled that I got to have an "AH HA Mommy Moment."  I love the fact of being able to have that feeling. I can not wait to be able to walk him back to school!!







I have been so good with him going to school. We are getting into the swing of things and our new schedule. It is different, but we are getting there. I am excited to see how Evan keeps growing and learning more and more with everyday at school.  

No comments: