Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lilah in a big girl bed!!!

I know, I know I have not blogged in several months, but between the holidays, kids getting bigger, and activities we are all in, when I have a chance to sit down, blogging does not always come to mind. I truly do miss blogging and having you all read what we do from time to time. I know I have said this, but I really want to try and be better at this. It will be nice for the kids one to day look back and read everything.

Mike and I have been talking a lot about moving Lilah into the big girl bed of her crib. Evan was moved into one around 16 months or so, mainly because we were pregnant with Lilah and I wanted to make sure he transitioned well to having a baby in the house. Lilah is now 22 months old and just different from Evan, she is sweet, lovable, stubborn and mischievous all in one little package. I would not change her for the world, ( most days ). Mike has time off in April, so we were going to bite the bullet and put her in a bed then. Then we got to thinking about some things and were wanting to have her in a bed before that with some travel plans that are taking place, but we didn't really decide when to do it.

Then Monday when Lilah got up from nap, I said to her that we should take the crib front down, then said no we don't have a rail and you are not ready for it. Mike got home and was eating dinner and said we should take her crib front down. I knew then we needed to do it. So at 6:45pm we were taking it down!!! We read books, Evan was super supportive of her and making a big deal out of her bed. Lilah thought she was hot stuff in there with her new blanket!!! We laid her down and she cried and got up, so we asked if she wanted to go give Evan a kiss goodnight and she said yes. She ran in there hopped up on his bed gave him kisses and said lu you ( love you). She ran half way down the hall and then turned back around about 3 times to give him kisses. We finally got her to her room!!! She cried, talked, yelled our names, read books for about 15-20 mins. Then it went silent. We checked on her about an hour into bed time and she was sound asleep in her bed until 7:30am!!!

I totally forgot about nap time :( We got home did the normal things that we do and then I put her to bed. She looked at me, laid back down and slept for 3 hrs!!! I cracked her door about 2:45 and at 3:10 she walked out like a big girl with a weird look on her face.

Last night went wonderful!!! She is a pro at sleeping in her big girl bed. No fighting, no railing, nothing. I can not believe how I doubted that she was ready and how I so did not look forward to putting her in a bed.

The best thing of this all is it has shown us how much she has grown up and is such a big girl. We no longer have a baby in the house ( even though both of them are still my babies). It also showed us the strong bond between Evan and Lilah. He encourages her so much without us even asking, he helps her so many times during the day and with this transition I can not even count. Don't get me wrong they have their moments, but really they are few and far between the wonderful times they have together. I just pray that their bond that they have now will last through their life. You can see how strong it is and how caring they are for one another. I just love it.

No comments: